Akwesasne Mohawk Police Service
Directeur : Shawn Dulude
Adresse : 73 sweetgrass lane, Akwesasne (Québec) H0M 1A0
Téléphone : 613-575-2340
The Akwesasne Mohawk Police Service has been in existence
since the 1960’s. In 1971 the Band Council passed a Band Council Resolution to
call the police Service “St.Regis Akwesasne Police Department”. In 1973 the
St.Regis Akwesasne Police Officers were accepted into the Ontario Police
In 1986 Band Council passed another resolution to rename the St.Regis Akwesasne Police Depart-ment, to the Akwesasne Mohawk Police.
Today the Akwesasne Mohawk Police Service has funding for 37 officers, 5 full time Public Safety Dispatchers and 3 administrative assistance. The Akwesasne Mohawk Police Service has jurisdic-tion and authority in Quebec, and Ontario.
The mission of the Akwesasne Mohawk Po-lice Service (AMPS) is the enhance peace, harmony, justice and cultural values through-out Akwesasne. In addition, the Akwesasne Mohawk Police strive to honor and respect all living things and to acquire the highest level of professionalism and accountability in servicing the community members of Akwesasne and surrounding areas.
- General Uniform Patrol
- Community Policing
- Joint Investigation Team (JIT)
- Criminal Investigations
- Emergency Dispatch Services
- Traffic Law Enforcement
- Marine Patrol Services
- Anti-Drug Enforcement
- Anti-Smuggling Enforcement
- Victims Assistance
- Emergency Response
- To serve and protect the community of Akwesasne
- To enforce the laws of Akwesasne and Canada in a fair and unbiased manner.
- To enforce a variety of assignment are-as including: Traffic law, Anti-Drug & Smuggling Enforcement and Criminal code enforcement.
- To protect our community today, for the seven generations of tomorrow
- To provide leadership and role models for our youth.
- To work as part of a team.